silo doesn't boot on ultra5

Package: silo
Version: 0.8.5-2.1

dunham> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>> Yet, I personally do have a problem which is confusing.

>> Install solaris on my ultra5: /dev/hda1 == sunos-root (on cyl. 0)
>> /dev/hda2 == swap (shared) /dev/hda3 == whole disk /dev/hda4 ==
>> linux root ...

>> This all boots fine, into solaris.  I can still manage to boot into
>> linux via TFTP.  Then run silo; after which I can boot into silo
>> but the solaris options don't work (even specifying the full
>> OpenPROM path, and every possible combination).  It always returns
>> the error 'Can't find executable kernel/unix', IIRC.

dunham> IIRC, there is a bug in silo.  It looks in:

dunham>   /platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/

dunham> which is empty, rather than in /platform/sun4u.

dunham> I thought that Jakub had fixed this, but apparently, he
dunham> didn't.  Making SUNW,Ultra-5_10 into a symlink should fix it.
dunham> Then add:

dunham> image=1/kernel/unix label=solaris solaris

dunham> to silo.conf.  (Silo gets the architecture string from the
dunham> OpenPROM.)

Yup!  That fixed it.  This is a bug against silo.

dunham> You might also try installing silo on the linux partition:

dunham>  boot=/dev/hda4

dunham> and using "boot disk:d" to boot Linux (I think this will
dunham> work.)

Naw, that didn't work.