Re: autocompiler?

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 10:24:23PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:

> > BTW, Netscape and XF86Setup/xf86config are probably the most
> > FA of FAQs for debian-sparc. Couldn't they be added to the port
> > page? And couldn't someone upload a binary-sparc package of
> > netscape, doesn't matter which version, somewhere?
>
> We cannot, simply because it isn't on netscape's ftp server any longer
> which means we can't distribute it anymore.

Because of their stupid license? I see. Then add that to the
sparc port page, I suggest.

> XF86 3.3.5 is in the potato archive.

I know, but it doesn't have XF86Setup/xf86config because these
are meaningless for sparc because sparc use framebuffers...
that's a FAQ. What I meant was that this fact should be
mentioned in the sparc port page.

These two additions to the page would probably save a lot of
traffic on this list.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----