Re: xserver-sun* breakage.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> I wouldn't call glibc 2.1.1 woefully out of date. On the other hand, the
> glibc 2.1.2pre3 (notice the pre) which is still in prerelease, has a
> possibly broken mmap(), which is why it isn't compiled for sparc yet in
> potato.

maybe not woefully out of date, but something is wrong with it (2.1.1
that is).

> I am looking into the mmap problem. Until then, I suggest not using glibc
> 2.1.2pre2 unless you really feal like testing prerelease software.

i am already testing prerelease software on intel (and alpha, and
powerpc) so what's one more platform. i can't say i didn't have some
emotions installing it though. but as an added bonus i get the xserver
to work again.

so, is anybody looking into the linker problem?

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |