Re: xserver-sun* breakage.

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 02:05:46PM -0700, Stephen Zander wrote:

> Package: xserver-xsun24
> Version: 3.3.4-1
>
> Has anyone else had problems with the 3.3.4 xserver-xsun* packages?  I
> upgraded my SS5/170 with a TCX card today and nolonger had a X
> display. :/
>
> The server seems to run OK, there's just nothing showing on the
> screen.  As I use the box for my job I've dropped back to the 3.3.2a
> package in stable, but I can certainly test new .debs if someone
> wants.

Since Branden doesn't have a sparc to compile and test the sparc Xservers on
I have been taking up that part for him. I would appreciate some testing
with the Xsun* servers so that we can have a good stable release in potato.
Right now I can only test the Mach64 server.

Can you give me any more information than what you have? Were there any
messages of significance? Kernel version and sun platform (sun4[cdmu])
would be helpful. Also `cat /proc/fb' output.

Ben