msync broken?

Hi,

We just upgraded kubrick to 2.2.9 and glibc2.1 but unfortunately this has
really hosed the msync syscall which apt relies on. Now every time I go to
update the cache it writes something totally different to the disk!
Removing the calls to msync hides the problem. This is using that latest
0.3.7 version of APT.

This sounds like a nasty kernel bug, anyone have some idea how to fix it?

[I've had APTs use of mmaps and msyncs kill kernels before, up till 2.2.6
everything would randomly lock up while running apt on intel :|]

Thanks,
Jason