Re: read write ufs from Linux

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Martin Bruns wrote:

> The Problem is as follows. /dev/hda1 is a ufs system (I have no idea of the
> ufstype). I mounted the partition and can read from it but I'm not able to
> write to it. Is there a special option to mount program in order to get write
> permissions. I have tried the --o remount = rw options but it didn't work.

>From Documentation/filesystems/ufs.txt:
ufstype=type_of_ufs
        UFS is a file system widely used in different operating systems.
        The problem are differencies among implementations. Features of
        some implementations are undocumented, so its hard to recognize
        type of ufs automatically. That's why user must specify type of
        ufs manually by mount option ufstype. Possible values are:

        old     old format of ufs
                default value, supported os read-only

        sun     used in SunOS (Solaris)
                supported as read-write

so you should probably mount it with ufstype=sun

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/