Re: Debian in Ultra 5

> Err, back off on that.  I've only had one instance where this was
> needed.  The UltraSparc (I think it was an Ultra10) had an additional
> special video card (some kind of super Creator 3d thing).  It wouldn't
> work with the card in the machine because /dev/fb0 is hardcoded into
> the mach64 server and the extra card ended up being /dev/fb0.  (The
> server needs /dev/fb0 to map the video memory.)

and if you do have a Creator in the box, you probably want to
use Xsun24 instead (at least if the latest patches have been applied),
since that video card is quite a bit spiffier than the m64.

/Anders

Anders Hammarquist                                  | iko@cd.chalmers.se
Physics student                                     | Hem: +46 31 47 69 27
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden | Mob: +46 707 27 86 87