Re: New Kernels (Was: new bootdisks available for testing)

Steve Dunham wrote:
> Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
>

> > > This is because pci support is compiled into the kernel. I had some crash
> > > problems on my sc2000 involving loadkeys with a kernel like this, so I
> > > guess it isn't the best idea for the default kernel to contain pci.
> > > Anyway, what sparcs have pci buses ?
>
> > Ultra/AX motherboard ?
> > BTW, I added support for PS/2 style keyboards for this card, but if there is
> > no PCI support in the default kernel, it seems to be useless.  Am I wrong ?
>
> The I think the issue is only with sparc32 kernels - the only PCI
> sparc32 machines that I know of are the javastations.
>
> I've disabled the PCI PS/2 stuff in the sparc32 kernel.  There is a
> new kernel at http://www.cse.msu.edu/debian/kernel
>
> I've included both an updated 2.2.7 cvs kernel and a 2.2.8 kernel
> (which has the nice advantage of being built from unaltered Linus
> source).

Hello Steve,

I got your 2.2.8 kernel images.  I will try to package another bootdisks set
next week based on them.
I already downloaded kernel-image-2.2.7*_cvs.19990507_sparc.deb last week.
Are you updated them without changing their name ?
btw, there is a 2.2.7 kernel image in the parent directory but I can't access
to it: too restrictive permissions.  Is it this one I have to download ?

Thanks for your work.