Re: New Kernels (Was: new bootdisks available for testing)

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> Steve Dunham wrote:
> > Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> Hello Steve,
>
> I got your 2.2.8 kernel images.  I will try to package another bootdisks set
> next week based on them.
> I already downloaded kernel-image-2.2.7*_cvs.19990507_sparc.deb last week.
> Are you updated them without changing their name ?

No, I think they're there because of a "cp kernel*deb".

> btw, there is a 2.2.7 kernel image in the parent directory but I can't access
> to it: too restrictive permissions.  Is it this one I have to download ?

I thought I had copied the updated kernel-image to the kernel
directory, but it ended up in the parent directory, so I missed it
when I chmod'd the files.  It should be in the kernel directory, with
correct permissions.

I suspect that there are serious problems with the 2.2.8 kernel, so
you might want to go with the 2.2.7 ones.  (I will try 2.2.9 RSN -
Herbert Xu promised to upload an x86 package last sunday, but hasn't
done so.)

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu