Re: libc5...pro or con...

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> Currently I have an opinion on libc5 in sparc. 1) our current libc5 is
> pretty broken (I can't seem to get too many libc5 binaries to work with
> it), it makes xfree86-1 build fail when doing the libc5 compat xlib, 2)
> the latest libc5 wont compile for sparc (the build doesn't even support
> a sparc config).

I'm building xfree86-1.  There is an additional patch that is needed
to fix a problem on the PCI UltraSparcs.  There are binaries on my ftp
site, I will upload them to master as soon as I get a compatible
kernel uploaded.

The libc5 stuff compiled without incident for me.

> Not to mention that _a lot_ of builds with libc5 compat builds are
> failing due to this fact.

Are you using an UltraSparc?  Our libc5 ld-linux.so is not compatible
with Ultras.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu