libc5...pro or con...

Currently I have an opinion on libc5 in sparc. 1) our current libc5 is
pretty broken (I can't seem to get too many libc5 binaries to work with
it), it makes xfree86-1 build fail when doing the libc5 compat xlib, 2)
the latest libc5 wont compile for sparc (the build doesn't even support
a sparc config).

Not to mention that _a lot_ of builds with libc5 compat builds are
failing due to this fact.

I want to get a consensus on dropping libc5 support in our sparc dist,
it will relieve a lot of overhead and save us some headache for the
potato release. If no one disagrees, I'll start reporting bugs on
packages that try to build libc5 packages for sparc.

Thanks,
  Ben

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation