2.2.6 install disks?

I wasn't able to install kernel 2.2.1 on my SPARC 2 because it
complained about "live target 0 not responding to selection" during
the SCSI initialization phase.  The only target that it should have
been interested in is 3, and 2.0.35 was able to start up just fine.
I have seen indications that the SCSI esp0 code may have been fixed up
in 2.2.3 or 2.2.4, so has anyone out there tried putting together the
rescue, root, and drivers floppies using 2.2.6?  I'd be very
interested in trying it out as 2.0.35 is rather slow.

Thanks,
    Max

--
The hopeful depend on a world without end
Whatever the hopeless may say