New kernel uploaded (Was: Release candidate 2.2.1 kernels & bootdisks)

Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:

> Ok, if you upload new kernel images before sunday evening, I will
> try to build a new set of bootdisks (maybe just rebuilding the
> rescue, drivers & tftpboot images only to minimize the risk, and the
> doc too).  Do you will have time to test them a bit before the
> release if I upload them next monday afternoon ? (I will try before
> 14h CET).

They are in incoming on master.  It is a new source package,
kernel-source-sparc-2.2.1, which generates two binary packages:
kernel-image-2.2.1 and kernel-image-2.2.1-sparc64.  (The binary
packages have version 2.2.1-1.)  The .orig.gz is original Linus source
and the rules file applies the sparc-2.2.1 patch (and a ultra
fd-passing patch) before building.  I gave up on making kpkg-make do
what I wanted and just wrote a nice, clean rules file instead.

The kernels have been tested on an Ultra 5 and a SparcStation 20.

Steve
dunham@cse.msu.edu