Release candidate 2.2.1 kernels & bootdisks (was: Re: Fixed silo uploaded)

Steve Dunham wrote:
> > OTOH, there is still a bug in the /dev/fb* devices (bad permissions
> > I guess).  I don't know if I will have time to upload a new set of
> > bootdisks that fixes it.  I will be out of my town till sunday
> > night, and the time to release is now really short.  If I need to
> > upload them, I'm afraid I cannot do it before next monday evening
> > :-(( Therefore, could it be fixed in the postinst of xserver-xsun*
> > packages instead?  Or could it be just well documented in a bug
> > section of the documentation ?
>
> There is also one more change I'd like in the 2.2.1 kernels.  When you
> told me to include RARP support, I thought you meant IP_PNP_RARP,
> which is very annoying.  (It causes long delays on startup if you
> don't have a RARP server.)  It will be in the binary packages I upload
> today.  It's not critical.
>
> (I think I'm going to give up on kpkg-make - writing my own rules file
> is easier than writing one that makes kpkg-make do what I want.)

Ok, if you upload new kernel images before sunday evening, I will try to build
a new set of bootdisks (maybe just rebuilding the rescue, drivers & tftpboot
images only to minimize the risk, and the doc too).
Do you will have time to test them a bit before the release if I upload them
next monday afternoon ? (I will try before 14h CET).

Regards.