Unreliable Xsun server

Dear All,

I recently had the pleasure of installing Debian "sid" on my Sparc IPC,
and aside the X missing-dev-file gotcha, I've been having no problems,
apart from a very unreliable X server.

I'm using Xsun, since I have a cgthree framebuffer, however after a
certain amount of use, X crashes very badly, taking out the console, and
requires a reboot to resume useful work.  This occurrs on average, two or
three times a day.  At this stage, it dosen't seem like a dodgy-hardware
problem, since without X running, I have no reliability issues at all.

My question is: has anyone else encountered these problems?  Are there any
known workarounds, and is there anything being done to increase the
reliability of the XFree Sparc X servers?

Many thanks in advance, and thanks for your time.

-regards,

Ben.

--
+-- Ben Fowler, 2nd yr. BInfTech(CompSci,DataCommunications), QUT ---+
| [email]:    ben.fowler@humbug.org.au  b1.fowler@student.qut.edu.au |