Re: Gathering opinions: Freeze ?

Christian Meder writes:
> My problem with not releasing is the continous dragging along
> without getting a stable codebase once. We could need more exposure
> and manpower ;-)

Since you're gathering opinions....

Just the fact that we're even thinking we can freeze when until
recently (or maybe even currently) people complained of segfaults and
other evilness in building packages makes me think there's light at
the end of the tunnel.  I submit that the "continuous dragging along"
will end when it ends, whether we freeze for slink or for potato.

My gut feel is that we can't really put out a quality release in time,
or in particular we can't guarantee that we can.  Most (?) packages
haven't built yet or in a while, so how can we know that the number of
critical/important bugs therein is going to be reasonable? or solvable
without major changes near the end of slink's freeze?

Can we get exposure through some other means?  Hunger strike?  Do
something worthy of debian-news?  Start a flame war on debian-devel?
License Hello Kitty paraphanalia?

      +------+-
 /\_)o<Debian||
|      \SPARC|/