Dual boot IPX SLinux/Solaris

I have gotten Linux installed and running. I am running the 2.0.33
kernel and have not run dselect because of the bash/kernel messages of
late. I looked at upgrading the kernel and got he 2.0.35 kernel from
vger.rutgers.edu. I have not done an upgrade like this before but it
looks like you copy the new kernel and System Map to the /boot dir redo
the link and reboot the system. I can only hope it is that easy. Will
upgrading to 2.0.35 take care of the bash/kernel problem.  The other
thing is that I ftped the entire sparc distribution to this machine and
would like to keep it current is there a good way to do this. Thanks for
your help in advance.

Ron Mathis
rmathis@conwaycorp.net