Re: 2.0.35 turbosparc kernel

    Kris> How does one go about installing this kernel on a virgin
    Kris> disk (no linux yet).  With other words: does someone has a
    Kris> bootable image that I can use to install a complete
    Kris> distribution from ? (I just got a second HD for my SS5/170
    Kris> and would like to install Linux on it).

This relates specifically to Debian/sparc...

You can get most of the way there following the boot-disk instruction.
The section on TFTP/NFS-root should explain things.  The only catch,
however, is that the base system install won't be able to read
resc1440.bin r drv1440.bin as loopback devices aren't supported on NFS
mounted volumes.

It's not terribly complicated to manually extract their contents but
I've completely forgotten how I did it... and my mirror seems to have
lost everything sparc related (*WTFIRFT*) so I can't recheck.

--
Stephen
---