Re: 2.0.35 turbosparc kernel

Thanks Derrick,

> > > The patches have been checked into the CVS tree and will be in the
> > > next snapshot (which hopefully will be when there's a handle on the
> > > egcs/sun4c/esp problems)
> >
> > I hope you also mean in the vger CVS 2.1.xxx tree? That would be great.
> > I'll sure want to test that!

> I already answered Marc but forgot to CC here. Short answer: no. Slightly
> longer answer: it was a simple hack, and i'll do it when i get time. Even
> longer answer: if someone wants to do the diff and try patching 2.1
> themselves,

I could give it a chance.

But I am confused: which CVS archive are you actually talking about
(I only know about vger the CVS 2.1.xxx)?

So if the 2.0.35 patch is not too big, what about
putting it (maybe even with the original next to it) in
ftp://ftp.dementia.org/pub/linux/2.0.35-turbosparc ?

Then I can see if it is possible to adapt/apply it to the 2.1.xxx source.

> I can offer tips and I'll be happy to take a patch when you
> have it working. I a) have no turbosparc b) have no time and c) haven't
> done a thing with 2.1 yet

 Greetings,

---                  Cisco Systems                  ---
Marc Duponcheel mduponch@cisco.com tel: +32 2 778 42 40
CATS Team TAC Brussels  ---*---  pager: +32 72 53 30 01