Re: SS2 segfaults when running ldd

>Brief background: On my Sparc 2, running Debian, kernel versions 2.0.33 or
>2.0.35, 'ldd' will segfault.  In general, however, the system seems to
>work well.
>
>I'm using libc 2.0.93.
>
>As you can see above, for Kevin, 2.1.109 fixed the problem.
>Unfortunately, CVS has moved on since then, and the snapshot I compiled a
>couple of days ago (2.1.111) will boot but segfaults all over the place
>(in rcS, for example).
>
>Anyone got any idea if this *is* a kernel problem, or which version I
>should go for?

I'm beginning to think that the 2.1.late breakage is something wierd
in bash. It seems to be the only thing segfaulting, and it unmistakably
segfaults in sigreturn() whenever it gets SIG_CHLD. tcsh works fine.
(this is on my SparcClassic of course).

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40