Re: Ack! tftpboot.img - Whats the point?

On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 11:16:24AM +0100, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998 sjc@delphi.com wrote:
>
> > Ok...I am trying to install on an "effectivly diskless" Sun IPC...
> > as I said in an earlier message...I got it to boot with tftpboot.img.
> >
> > I am very happy about this but...it is kind of useless to boot
> > with tftpboot and then use floppies to install the kernel mods,
> > base ssyetm, etc.
> >

> This should almost certainly be better documented, you're right.

well I know im right...and ill be happy to revise the docs
(once I have it working) even write up some web pages...

> When the install programs suggests that the next step is 'install device
> driver modules' or whatever, you ignore it, and instead choose 'configure
> the network'.  Then, when you go back to the install options, since you
> have configured the network, if will offer nfs as an option.

ahh much easier! I went to the next vc and did an ifconfig...I forgot all
about "ass route"(per earlier response) and I didn't even think of configure
network!
I will do it tonight (now I just need a way to get the actual base files to
install )...maybe ill see about burning a CD today
-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"