Ack! tftpboot.img - Whats the point?

Ok...I am trying to install on an "effectivly diskless" Sun IPC...
as I said in an earlier message...I got it to boot with tftpboot.img.

I am very happy about this but...it is kind of useless to boot
with tftpboot and then use floppies to install the kernel mods,
base ssyetm, etc.

I noticed ifconfig exists and seems to work great (just ifconfig eth0
10.0.0.20) but...
there seesm to be NOTHING on the install image that uses the network!
I couldn't ftp, or even tftp...much less ping.

I really have no other way of getting these files onto the IPC...

Why doesn't tftpboot.img include ftp (or at least tftp)
since this is a netboot, it is not constrained by the size of a disk...so
why not allow it to get bigger and contain a few usefull utilities.
If I could ftp packages to the drive and then install I would be
all set.

Is there any way to build tftpboot on an i386? I could really use some
stuff like ftp on mine...maybe a few differnt tftpboot.img files for
differnt types of installs?

maybe I missed something? can I nfsmount (I tried but...maybe I did it wrong)
-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"All authority is quite degrading."