It Worked!

Ok I have Sparcy booted through netboot (was easy once I figured it out
...many thanks to Adam Haberlach for his help)

There has been talk of a new web page for debian-sparc (I tried to view the
URL but was given an error)...well...heres some notes of mine that should
be documented...

both rarp and arp must be setup with the IP and hardware adress of the
sparc. I was told about rarp..and figured out arp too on my own (I love
tcpdump)...then I also found it in the mailing list archives.

on my system I had to start tftpd without tcpd first AND with -l to
work...I didn't try many combonations...but this si the configuration
which worked for me

ahem...all the docs I read said that Linux currently has no disk partitioning
utility (in fact it says that in a text file in the disks-sparc
directory) yet I was presented with a working fdisk during install (it is
running the install downstairs now)

um what have I forgot...oh yea...the zero padding tftpboot.img worked for me
too ;)

-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **