Re: Apt

> > >Installs are going well either side of me, and I've downloaded (not yet
> > >tested) the X debs from netg.se.
> >
> > Great! Let me know how X works out.
>
> X appears to work well.  To recap, this is an SS2 with a cg6.  It's groovy
> - lovely and fast (shame about the 8-bit).
>
> However, there are bugs in the vc handling.  I have not yet managed to
> pind down a reproducible case, but here are the symptoms I sometimes see:
>
> 1) For no apparent resaon, X will suddenly blast itself on top of whatever
> VC I'm using.  From that time on, it will apparently 'own' both VC 7, and
> the VC it blasted onto.  It is often possible to fix this by explicitly
> running chvt <vcno> (preferably from a telnet session).  However, then the
> keymaps will be buggered.  Careful use of chvt and kbd_mode is required
> over telnet to restore things.
>
> 2) Sometimes the keymaps will bugger up when switching terminals in any
> case.

Hmm, I'll see if I can figure out what is going on here (I only have a
classic with a cg3 so I might not even be able to generate the effect).

> And, unrealted to that...
>
> 3) There is an overlap which stops xsun-utils being installed. kbd_mode
> and constype (at least, maybe more) are in xbase.  Versions all at
> 3.3.2.2-1.2

This I know about. I'll fix it for 3.3.2.2-3.1 which I'll build shortly.

Regards,
/Anders
Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40