glibc 2.0.94 for testing

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 06:15:25PM +0200, Anders Hammarquist wrote:
> If it was still needed for it should be there - though I haven't looked
> at it so I don't now for sure. IIRC it was Johnnie Ingram who compiled
> the last libc6.

The glibc-pre2.1 maintainer is Juan Cespedes.

I asked him if I could go ahead and do a NMU for glibc-2.0.94. He wrote that
he's got no time right now and I should try.

So I fought two weeks with a 2.0.94 snapshot taken from Thorsten Kukuk's
rpm-src package. Finally I've got a libc which is usuable for me (Sparc 10,
sun4m). I left out all the patches from the 2.0.93 version which didn't impact
my box. Note that I left out the getpagesize fix.

Now I'm looking for testers before I upload the new version to master.

BEWARE: don't try this libc6 version if you don't know how to restore a broken
libc. You can totally hose your system if the included libc6 is broken for
you (as I did all the time while experimenting ;-)

I welcome reports from everyone who's brave enough to try the new version.
Please send positive comments, too.

ftp://pc5.isr.uni-stuttgart.de

Greetings,

				Christian