Package versions (Was: Sparc status/my two cents)

> One question presetns itself.  Versions.  Do we add a non-maintainer
> version bump?  What about if absolutely no change was made? (libungif, for
> example, I recompiled as a no-brainer).

As I have understood it, when doing a "no-brainer", thus making a
package that didn't needed any editing from the source maintainers
version, one should make a binary-only upload (ie. no change in
debian-version). When having to do some slight change in the source to
have it compile, one should do a non-maintainer upload (adding an
index to the version number) and send corrections to the source
maintainer asking it to be included in future releases.

--
Jonas - http://www.mds.mdh.se/~kmm96jog/