Re: dpkg 1.4.0.22

Juan Cespedes wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 21, 1998 at 11:08:47PM +0200, Eric Delaunay wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> >   I compiled the latest dpkg but it fails to run.  dpkg & dselect hang before
> > reading the database.
>
> 	We have had many problems with C++; that could be the reason
> of the "dselect" failure.  But C++ now works!  Please try the latest
> egcs for sparc installed in master.

Wow! very good news :-))  I will download it as soon ASAP.

> 	However, I don't know why could dpkg fail.  Do you know where
> does it fail?  I will work on it after releasing a new version of
> glibc.

Sorry, I don't have time now.  My win95 box crashed yesterday due to software
error.  I used Norton rescue disk to recover from the crash but I forgot I was
using the lilo swap device option (to boot win95 from the second hard drive),
then Norton swapped the partitions of the drives :-((  No more linux access
till now: I have to install a Debian core system on a removable magneto-optical
disk to be able to run dd then restore the partition tables by hand (nice linux
which could be installed on arbitrary medium :-) )  But Norton disk doctor is
unable to restore my Win95 disk...  I'm reformatting the disk to reinstall
win95 from scratch...

Regards.