Re: kernel-patch*sparc* and libc-sparc

On Mon, Apr 27, 1998 at 01:37:44PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [ Just looking at some ftp.debian.org problems in relation to Quinn
>   Diff, and these are the sparc-related areas ]
>
> a) Why is kernel-patch*sparc* Architecture: sparc and not
>    Architecture: all?  You don't need a sparc to install it and cross
>    compile a sparc kernel (I assume).  m68k's kernel-patch is Arch:
>    all, and I use it on an i386 machine to cross compile the m68k
>    kernel images.

	You are right here.  Eric, can you change that?

> b) Is there a binary package produced from the libc-sparc source
>    package (in oldlibs)?  I can't see one looking at
>    hamm/hamm/binary-sparc/Packages.  If not, I'll ask Guy to remove
>    the source package.

	It should be the source for libc5_5.3.12-2_sparc.deb.  I don't
know why does it show "libc" as the source package instead of
"libc-sparc".

	It's there only because libc5_5.3.12 is the only version or
libc5 ported to Sparc, and we needed the source for all our packages.

--
Juan Cespedes