Re: Uploaded glibc-sparc 2.0.91-980111-2 (source sparc) to master

Juan Cespedes wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 1998 at 08:30:29AM -0500, Johnie Ingram wrote:
> >
> > I think the easiest thing to do is ask Guy to rm $(find */binary-sparc
> > -type f), then upload correct versions of the packages which must be
> > compiled by hand.  The rest of the distribution can be rebuilt in
> > about 4 days.
>
> 	No, I don't think so.  There shouldn't be different packages
> with the same version; someone could have installed them and he would
> think there aren't new ones.
>
> 	Proposed solutions:
> 1.- Do non-maintainer uploads of all of them.
> 2.- Patch glibc for not displaying any warning, and only upload the
>     ones that fail (if there are any).

We can live with this warning for some time.  It could help us to find bugs in
some binaries.  Maybe this patch will be applied just before releasing
Debian/Sparc to the public to remove this annoying warning, only if not all
packages were recompiled.