Re: Uploaded glibc-sparc 2.0.91-980111-2 (source sparc) to master

Eric Delaunay wrote:
> Juan Cespedes wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 20, 1998 at 08:30:29AM -0500, Johnie Ingram wrote:
> > >
> > > I think the easiest thing to do is ask Guy to rm $(find */binary-sparc
> > > -type f), then upload correct versions of the packages which must be
> > > compiled by hand.  The rest of the distribution can be rebuilt in
> > > about 4 days.
> >
> > 	No, I don't think so.  There shouldn't be different packages
> > with the same version; someone could have installed them and he would
> > think there aren't new ones.
> >
> > 	Proposed solutions:
> > 1.- Do non-maintainer uploads of all of them.
> > 2.- Patch glibc for not displaying any warning, and only upload the
> >     ones that fail (if there are any).
>
> We can live with this warning for some time.  It could help us to find bugs in
> some binaries.  Maybe this patch will be applied just before releasing
> Debian/Sparc to the public to remove this annoying warning, only if not all
> packages were recompiled.

Well, I tried to compile packages with the new glibc but it fails due to
configure errors.  In fact configure considers this message an error when
running some tools like cpp :-((
Therefore I should remove my assert: we *can't* live with it for now :-(

I suggest the next upload of libc6 to completely squeeze this message.

After upgraded to new libc6 I cannot connect to my sparc box with rlogin
anymore :-( I get this error message:

[miles] # rlogin deedee
usr/sbin/in.rlogind: Symbol `_sys_errlist' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

It comes from tcpd.  Then I removed tcpd from the login line of inetd.conf.
Now I get the following error:
[miles] #

[miles] # rlogin deedee
deedee.pontchartrain.fr: Unknown error

and a segfault message on the deedee console:

Jan 21 23:30:10 deedee kernel: Fault: in.rlogind[6578]: segfaults at 00000000 pc=5007edd8

My system is running netbase 3.01-1 & netstd 2.11-1
(and libc6 2.0.91 of course).

In fact, we need to rebuild some packages:
 netstd (old release for libc5 -> current source is 3.01-1)
 netbase (a newer release exists: 3.03-1)

However, I'm waiting for a dumb ld-linux.so.2 to recompile both packages.

Regards.

PS: OTOH, there are 2 small bugs in libc6-dev:
      1/ usr/include/linux/version.h is missing
      2/ usr/include/asm is also missing (should point to asm-sparc)