Re: emacs and sigprocmask

> sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, 0x8000000, 0xefffe8c8) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)

So, armed with only strace, I dug a little further into this.  A
useful trick for interspersing your own logging with strace output is
to use write(99, ...) -- strace will log the args, and the ignored
EBADF return...

Turns out that the problem is that the posix-faked sigmask in emacs
syssignal.h isn't getting used, instead the one from <bits/sigset.h>,
which is either useless or just "different", is getting called
in... so I override it in emacs/src/syssignal.h, and emacs appears to
work fine now.  Upload later tonight after I test a fresh build...