Re: perl needed

Johnie Ingram wrote:

> "Eric" == Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
>
> Eric> -DXS_VERSION=\"1.02\" -fpic -I../..  POSIX.c cc: Internal
> Eric> compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11 make[2]: ***
> Eric> [POSIX.o] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory
>
> Hm.  Never happened to me, but then again I've never tried to compile
> perl with gcc either.  :-)

Well, this error comes from too big expression gcc has to analyze in the
"constant" function.  In fact, each strcmp is expanded in a complex expression
due to the use of optimizations coming from bits/string2.h (libc6-dev).  I
disabled this kind of optimizations then perl compiled.

> I've uploaded the perl packages to ftp1.us.debian.org/debian/local:
> they're compiled with egcs and fail only 28% of the tests, if we can
> consider that good.  My main beef with it is that network support
> doesn't work, in the sense that running perl "mirror" will instantly
> consume all memory and CPU.

I don't remember the total list of tests my perl failed, but at least
op/groups because of a strange error: $( returns a string containing the real
user id followed by garbage :-( (eg. "0 14724", and I'm sure there is no
14724 group id on my system !).

> Its gdbm dependency is wrong too, but perl-base just might work well
> enough to get dpkg-shlibdeps to build libc6 bash.

Ok I'll download it as soon as possible (for now the transatlantic channel is
too slow :-(( ).

Bye.

PS: Is there any other mirror of your directory around, especially in Europe ?