Re: libc6 select problems?

"Mark" == Mark W Eichin <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us> writes:

Mark> with select.  Both rsync and xntpd die (or spin) with errors
Mark> from select, reported as "select error: Bad file descriptor".  I
Mark> haevn't debugged it in any detail yet, has anyone else seen it,
Mark> and have suggestions?

I've seen it with proftpd, which doesn't work at all:

	./proftpd -n
	select() failed in server_loop(): Bad file descriptor
	select() failed in server_loop(): Bad file descriptor
	Fatal: select() failing repeatedly, shutting down.

And apache 1.3b3 works but takes up enormous amounts of CPU time,
possibly do to this problem.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it.   :-)

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _    Debian GNU         Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __        "netgod"     irc.debian.org          mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      Those who do not understand UNIX       mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\     are doomed to repeat it, poorly.       GO BLUE