Re: libc6 select problems?

Well, at least I've figured out that it isn't a kernel problem.  I
built xntpd and rsync using libc5-altdev and alt-gcc, and aside from a
typo (already reported) in the alt sched.h, they both work fine.

I'm not having much luck in figuring out where in glibc-sparc select
itself is built, though (the Makefiles are a little too magic.)  I'm
about to just build it and read the logs and see hack on it from that
direction...

Is anyone working on gdb, or strace?  Looks like we're stuck at the
"printf" level of debugging right now, and that's kind of
sad... strace needs actual porting (I got as far a build that did a
fake_exec and ran the program, but didn't see any *real* syscalls),
gdb uses the bfd it ships with, and that would need to be updated to a
current sparc-linux-aware libbfd.  It shouldn't be too hard to port,
but still...

emacs actually builds, starts up, and crashes as soon as it has
painted the screen once.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were more of
the select bug, but there's no way to tell :-(

Once we have gdb and emacs, I suspect everything else will just fall
into place :-)