Re: [ANNOUNCE] git-deb: a Git importer for Debian packages

Le 24/10/2013 15:57, Dmitrijs Ledkovs a écrit :
> On 24 October 2013 14:18, Gabriel de Perthuis <g2p.code@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've written a tool to import Debian packages into Git:
>>
>>     git clone deb::mypackage
>
> Is it compatible with Ian's dgit ?

I only know what dgit does from reading the source code.  dgit works
server-side and is only available to DDs; as I understand it it creates
a new, canonical repo, imports the current version and uses that as a
base for new uploads.  It's useful as part of a maintainer's workflow.
My tool is useful to get a git view of any package, without waiting for
anyone to convert their repo.