Re: XML catalog for fontconfig

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:00:26AM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hmm, good questions.  We might want to move this onto debian-sgml.
>
> What probably should happen (other please feel free to pitch in here):
>
>  - freedesktop.org should "host" this DTD on their web server (unless
>    people are expected to have it installed locally in all situations)

Or, as Ardo & I have briefly discussed off-list, it would make sense
to have debian host some DTDs (etc.) in some canonical directory.

Doing so would amount to having valid system identifiers that would
look something like:

"http://www.debian.org/xml/freedesktop/.../fonts.dtd";

along with an FPI: -//Debian/DTD Fonts Catalog V1.0//EN"

The reason I suggest this is that the need for such a facility is
IMO going to continue to grow. (We already have one case with a
customization of the XML Catalog DTD.) For example, if DDP, or some
such entity adopts a customization of some version of DocBook, it'd
be nice to have a real, valid, system id. We might have the same
need for a Debian namespace(s), eventually.

Just a thought,..., but one that I think is pursuing.

Cheers,
Mark