Re: XML catalog for fontconfig

Hi,

Hmm, good questions.  We might want to move this onto debian-sgml.

What probably should happen (other please feel free to pitch in here):

 - freedesktop.org should "host" this DTD on their web server (unless
   people are expected to have it installed locally in all situations)

 - they need to provide a public id, e.g.

    "-//freedesktop.org//DTD Fonts Catalog V1.0//EN"

   and a system id, e.g.

    "http://www.freedesktop.org/fontconfig/fonts.dtd";

 - the DTD should be moved from /etc/fonts/fonts.dtd to somewhere under
   /usr/share/xml and a local XML catalog should be provided in the
   same directory as the DTD

 - then you can register the DTD in the XML catalog system for the
   public id and system id pointing to the local XML catalog

That's it in a nutshell (I think).

Thanks,
Ardo

--