[ANNOUNCE] Collaborative XML/SGML Packaging Project

Hi All,

I'd like to invite all xml/sgml package maintainers to join a collaborative
packaging/maintaining effort hosted on Alioth.

Motivation is provided by the implementation of the OASIS XML Catalog spec,
and the proliferation of newly available XML resources. Another motivation
is to eliminate the hassles of NMUs. (I know I'm more than a bit behind on
my package maintenance:)

One goal is to (eventually) put all the sources under CVS on Alioth.

If you're interested in joining the project, known as 'The Debian XML/SGML
Group', please let me or Ardo <ardo@debian.org> know. Also, if you can give
a rough list of packages you plan to add to the project, it would help us
gauge how much admin we'll need.

The project homepage (with links to the project pages) is here:

http://debian-xml-sgml.alioth.debian.org/

We look forward to your participation (and input:-).

Cheers,
Mark
--
Mark Johnson        <mark@dulug.duke.edu>