Re: [SUMMARY] Divergance with LSB spec

Mark Johnson <mark@phy.duke.edu> writes:

> > Why?  I strongly disagree with this.
>
> You shouldn't: it's how you do it:-) The idea came from your docbook-xml package.

Well, sure, I disagree with myself, then. :) I don't know why I was
doing this but I shouldn't be.

> I was thinking that all versions would be be part of a single
> package. So put the catalog file above them all. I think it makes good
> sense - like docbook-xml. Your call.

Its going to be closer to upstream to keep the catalog bit just like
upstream and keep them right in the dir with DTDs and entities.

Suppose I'm shipping two versions of docbook-xml -- well, rather than
unify those two in one dir up a level, there should be only on
/etc/sgml/docbook-xml.cat.

In fact, we should standardize on

 /etc/sgml/<package>.cat

as a centralized catalog with all amterials contained in that package.

Awaiting your new draft of the file system layout.