Re: Testing the new boot floppies

Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> writes:

> Previously Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Yes, it does indeed mean that, but since psgml + emacs is the only
> > decent editor for XML/SGML that I know of, I think it's necessary.
>
> What makes a `decent editor' here? I can perfectly edit them in vim
> and enjoy features like syntax highlightning as well.

Some means of selecting valid tags in a given context.

> > Remember that Emacs20 is standard, isn't it?
>
> Some emacs is yes, but that doesn't mean it's installed on all systems.
> Removing ae, nvi and *emacs* tends to be the very first thing I do on
> all my computers :)

Yes, but remember that task-sgml is specifically for SGML editors.
I just don't think vim cuts it.

I've redirected this to the SGML list to see if others agree with you.
It's certainly easy enough to remove the psgml requirement -- I just
think that would cause more problems and confusion than it would
solve.