Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3148-1] chromium-browser end of life

Op 02-02-15 om 04:44 schreef Michael Gilbert:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 9:52 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:18:43 PM Paul Wise wrote:
>>> chromium was already being backported to wheezy for security updates,
>>> the latest versions need newer compilers so we can't backport any
>>> more.
>>
>> Why can't we backport the compilers too?
>
> As mentioned already it was discussed [0], and the release team seemed
> willing to consider the idea.  I simply didn't have the time or
> motivation myself to do it.
>
> If there were someone willing to maintain it, and work through the
> process, it could thus theoretically be done.

I think it's a good idea to do a backport of the build-system after
freeze-time of testing. Then we know what the new build-environment is
for the coming release.

I can understand that Michael does not have the time and motivation for
such a backport, Chromium will take much time. But maybe others have.

And there will be more packages with this problem, e.g. Iceweasel and
Icedove.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/