Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3148-1] chromium-browser end of life

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 9:52 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:18:43 PM Paul Wise wrote:
>> chromium was already being backported to wheezy for security updates,
>> the latest versions need newer compilers so we can't backport any
>> more.
>
> Why can't we backport the compilers too?

As mentioned already it was discussed [0], and the release team seemed
willing to consider the idea.  I simply didn't have the time or
motivation myself to do it.

If there were someone willing to maintain it, and work through the
process, it could thus theoretically be done.

Best wishes,
Mike

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/763278