Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 3148-1] chromium-browser end of life

Hello,

Since the latest gcc version for Wheezy is the 4.7 and Chromium "moves" to 4.8, what shall we do? Till the next stable release (Jessie), are we vulnerable to security issues?
As mentioned before, we can build environments to support all the upstream features but this goes against the "stable philosophy" of Debian, at least in its stable version.

So, what are the alternatives in our case?
Maybe it sound a "stupid" question but what about if we keep track of backports and proposed updates in Wheezy?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Regards,
Pavlos

Pavlos K. Ponos