Re: concrete steps for improving apt downloading security and privacy

Can you proof it?

Or maybe, you can tell the list what the attached image - that is
encrypted with Moritz Muehlenhoff's and Florian Weimer's public keys -
represent?

Cheers (and thanks Mr. Moritz and Mr. Florian - who were the only I had
in my keyring - to accept being the judges of the challenge). :-)

​I am​ very new with crypto, but

​I do not think he will be able to prove it with cryptograp​hy such as is used in modern browsers, maybe in ECB mode as described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Block_cipher_mode_of_operation#Electronic%20codebook%20%28ECB%29

HTTPs hardly solves any problem with state-level monitoring, I don't think, after all, CAs can be compelled to produce certs, or even compromised (e.g. http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/maintaining-digital-certificate-security.html )

Implementing cert pinning OTOH, that might be better.