Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

On Sunday, March 02, 2014 09:10:44 PM Joel Rees wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM,  <yaro@marupa.net> wrote:

> >> flame away, flame away
> >
> > Call it a flame all you want,
>
> It was a flame, and a flame empty of reason.
>
> You provided a much more reasonable, if short-sighted, description of
> your position in another post. You can do that. If you're going to
> respond to the kind of post that started this thread, you should
> respond with reason. Unless you really don't care for reason.
>
> If you couldn't respond with reason, why bother responding?

I responded with technical reasons. Shortsightedness has nothing to do with
it. The fact you disagree with it and call it a flame doesn't make my reasons
any less technical. You still haven't listed one TECHNICAL reason why systemd
is a bad idea.

Yes, yes, I can see how REASONABLE your arguments are.

Flaming's more fun when the person disagreeing with you can't even present a
decent case for their side of the debate.

I'll challenge you again. Name me one, valid TECHNICAL reason why we should
stick with initscripts and SysV over systemd (Or even other init
replacements.).

Hint: "You'll be sorry" is not a valid technical reason.

> >> You grow up. Technically inferior stuff always seems to get the money,
> >> but you get to live in the results of your choices.
> >
> > Oh, how will I ever live with a faster boot, more reliable process
> > control,
> > unit files that are easier to write and maintain than initscripts, socket-
> > activated daemons, concurrently-launched dependency-based service startup,
> > the fact that I use Archlinux and it actually went FROM a BSD-style init
> > TO systemd, a logger I can actually efficiently navigate with metadata,
> > and a more unified device and configuration infrastructure?
> >
> > Life is so horrible for me thanks to how easy systemd makes maintaining my
> > system. I have seen the light!
> >
> > Conrad
>
> Yeah, it works fine for you for now.

And it shows absolutely zero signs of turning into a technical issue down the
road.

> You will understand what I have said soon enough. <shrug/>

Sure I will, because you say so without a single moducum of proof it will be a
problem in the future.

Conrad