Re: Spam fighting

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 02:23:03PM +0200, Wojciech Ziniewicz wrote:
> Personally i get 0-5 spam messages per month from the debian-isp and
> debian-security list that are not filtered and appear as non-spam messages.
> Moreover i see that in my spam folder i have like 3-7 spam messages per
> hour.

I'm 600 short of 100,000 pieces of spam since 26/1/2010. :) This isn't just
from debian lists, though. It's all-up.

This does not take into account the false negatives. I'm pretty sure I'm
over 102,000 with those. That may seem a tad high to some but imo a false
negative is better than a false positive.

On top of this there are 2,300 virus laden emails over the same time
period.

> What's the problem actually ?

Unrealistic expectations, I'd say.

--
  "A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
  stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."