Re: ...

Jim Popovitch <jimpop@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 19:31, Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:

>> No, Russ implied that reality occasionally intrudes on fantasies of
>> spam-free inboxes.

> Russ stated:

>     It's unlikely to get substantially better than it is (I believe
>     we're already rejecting something like 95% of the incoming mail), so
>     if it's still not good enough for you, you should probably consider
>     unsubscribing.

> I beleive that 99% is achieveable, and I believe his final
> "unsubscribe" sentence is akin to walking away from the problem.

Rejecting 99% of the incoming mail would be very bad if 5% of the incoming
mail were legitimate.  I meant exactly what I said: Debian rejects
something like 95% of the incoming mail to the mailing lists according to
the latest message from the listmasters.  If I'd meant that we reject 95%
of the *spam*, I would have said that.