Re: ...

* Jim Popovitch (jimpop@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 13:48, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> > Multiple people already spend lots of time working on the spam filtering
> > for this list, and it's about as good as it can get given the requirements
> > the Debian project has for openness for its mailing lists.  It's unlikely
> > to get substantially better than it is (I believe we're already rejecting
> > something like 95% of the incoming mail), so if it's still not good enough
> > for you, you should probably consider unsubscribing.
>
> How about I volunteer to tackle that remaining 5% rather than giving
> up so easily?

Erm, seriously?  I don't think any of the mail team has "given up
easily" and dealing with spam is something which requires constant time
and attention.  Also, pretty sure the 5% above was inclusive of
legitimate mail.  And, last but not least, if you don't have any clue
how spam is being handled today, you probably have a long learning
period to go through before you would be able to constructivly help.

If you really want to help, start learning about what's being done
already.

	Thanks,

		Stephen (not part of anything to do w/ spam or mail handling)