RE: Security Debian Questions

Hi,

some time ago while I was trying to do something
similar (I wanted to have /var/log in a different
partition) I accidentally created  the entries in
/etc/fstab in the wrong order. I first tried to mount
/var/log and then /var and as a result the system was
complaining that it could not find /var/log. I
reversed the mounting order and of course it worked.
Could you check that your problem does not belong in
the same category?

Nick

On Fri, 2007-04-20 at 20:30 -0500, George P Boutwell
wrote:
> I don't remember the exact details, but the problem
I think revolved
> around not being able to properly boot-up since the
/tmp and/or the
> /var/tmp where needed during the boot, but not being
mounted yet.

>Actually in order for /tmp to even be mounted their
needs to be a /tmp
>directory on the root filesystem.  Chances are, that
it's not the lack
>of mounting /tmp, but rather the permissions of /tmp
(mounted and/or