Re: mod_ssl 2.8.19 for Apache 1.3.31

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:05:45AM +0200, Peter Holm wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:10:08 +0200, Peter Holm <listbot@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> >Please point me to a website where all the things, that you mentioned,
> >are explained in detail and what exactly volunteers can do to help the
> >security team, so I can decide, on which point I can jump in and help.
>
> This was not a joke. If there was a nice howto-like website non-guru
> debian users could follow the needs of the security team, maybe you
> would get more help.

There was already discussion on what things you should do to verify
advisories on this same list.

Probably, regarding the security team work, you might want to check out the
thread started by:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2004/07/msg00032.html

General guidelines for helping out (oriented towards developers) are
available at:
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-bug-security

As for what tasks do the security team need help for maybe it's worth
revisiting this posts:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2001/09/msg00225.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2001/09/msg00299.html

I understand that there is not at the moment a detailed document we can
point you related to the work that the security team does or what specific
steps can user take to help improve security in Debian. I will try to help
out and publish a writeup at the web site soon.

Regards

Javier